Tuesday, January 04, 2005

(NOT) KEEPING UP:

It's been over a month since I last wrote anything here. I've been cooking pretty much every day, but I swear it takes me longer to write up what I've done than to cook the meals in the first place! A few things I can recall:

* Cooking spanakopita (Greek spinach pie) from scratch for the first time on Xmas Day. Well, I used bought phyllo dough, but the filling was from scratch (recipe from Diane Kochilas's The Greek Vegetarian), and the major accomplishment was wrapping it up in the phyllo. I was going to a potluck Xmas dinner and my job was to bring the vegetables. So I took the spanakopita and a dish of roasted potatoes with garlic and lemon (patates riganates), recipe from Aglaia Kremezi's The Foods of the Greek Islands, posted online here. They went pretty well with the Tofurkey, I think.

[to be continued]